The biggest creative problem for me is never lack of creative ideas but rather the opposite, too many ideas. Too many ideas and not enough time. After adding another hobby, photography, to my already long list of creative outlets, I find myself even more unable to realize all my creative ideas. Here’s the stuff I’m into (in no particular order):
1. Web design. Making new layouts for my site and updating the blog and galleries of the site.
2. Digital painting. Something which I haven’t had the time to do in a long time.
3. Vectors. I recently got into making vectors and loved it.
4. Photomanipulating. This is something I’ve begun to explore more in the past couple of months.
5. Journal skins for DeviantART. Basically something I call “web design light”. The making of themes for the built in blog function of DA, the art community I hang at.
6. Photography. With my new camera I’ve begun exploring the world of serious photography. This includes stock photography.
7. Writing. I’m doing serious writing again, for a online magazine in Swedish.
8. Oil painting. Haven’t done one of those since I got into digital painting.
9. Sewing. I used to alter clothes but haven’t done that in years.
Things I used to do but have given up:
10. Furniture design. Something I mainly did as part of my art studies in high school. I have built stuff after high school as well but it’s been years.
11. Traditional drawing. I gave up this in favour of digital drawing.
12. Writing poetry. I can’t write poetry any more. I’m to happy. Poems only comes to me when I’m sad.
You see the problem here? There’s simply not enough time to do all of these things.