Writer: Katharine Kerr. Her Deverry series is the most wonderful fantasy I’ve ever read. It’s my ultimate escape from reality.
Actor: Johnny Depp because he’s played so many different roles. I love that many of the characters he’s played are quite excentric. Just look at Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, Ed Wood and Ichabod Crane.
Band: Manic Street Preachers. Like I’ve said before, they have the most intelligent lyrics I’ve ever heard.
Director: Tim Burton, because I love the gothic feel of his films. I also like Peter Jackson because of Lord of the Rings.
Politician: Yes, of course my favourite politician should be in this list! After all politicians are way more important than actors and bands. Anyway, my favourite politician is Lars Ohly, the leader of the swedish Left Party. He’s a brilliant speaker and debater.
There are a couple of things I really wish I could do. Things I find cool and things I find really cool. Here’s my list:
1: Cool. Speak french. I studied french for four years but that’s ten years ago so I don’t remember much.
2: Really cool. Speak latin. Because I’m pretentious.
3: Cool. Speak mieänkiele (Torne valley finnish). It’s a version of finnish spoken in northern Sweden. Most of my relatives including my dad and three of my grandparents speak mieänkiele but no one bothered to teach it to me.
4: Cool. Drive a car.
5: Really cool. Play the guitar.
6: Really cool. Ride a skateboard and do cool skateboard tricks. Skateboard and inlines are the only sports I actually enjoy watching and I really wish I could do all those cool tricks.
7: Cool. Snap my fingers. I’m working on this though and I’m getting better and better.
8: Cool. Juggle.
What are some things you wish you could do?
Have you ever thought about how many beauty and health product you use every day? These are the products I use on a normal day.
1. Dove Deodorant
2. Colgate Sensation White Toothpaste
3. Lush Tea Tree Water Toner
4. Schwarzkopf Gliss Total Repair Schampoo
5. Yves Rocher peach perfume
6. Colgate Total floss
7. Isadore Build-up Extra Volume Mascara
8. Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner
9. Isadora Hair And Body Glitter
10. Schwartzkopf Gliss Total Repair. The swedish word for this product is “inpackning” but I have no idea what the english word is. This is like a conditioner which you leave in your hair for a couple of minutes to make it softer.
11. Lush Hevenly Bodies Buttercream
12. Barnängen Soap
13. Lush Mud Flats Soap
14. Lush Fresh Farmacy Cleanser
How many products like these do you use every day?
Oh and by the way fellow swedes, what’s up with the tv3 commerical which ends with one kid saying “come on let’s go swimming” and the other replies “no, let’s watch tv”. Horrible! I certainly hope kids go swimming instead of watching tv. This generation of kids spend way too much time in front of the tv and computer. When I was a kid I spent the entire summer playing outside, if it wasn’t raining of course.
Nevermind this link. It’s just a verification thing I need to have here for a while.
Följ min blogg med bloglovin
This is the aproximate value of things I wear and carry with me on a normal work day.
The numbers in Euro are just the aproximate numbers (screw decimals), except for the total. That one’s exact even in Euro.
Army jacket: 350:- (33€)
Hoodie: 350:- (33€)
Jeans: 150:- (14€)
Belt: 100:- (9€)
Socks: 10:- (0,9€)
Bra: 100:- (9€)
Knickers: 30:- (3€)
Shoes: 250:- (23€)
Bag: 350:- (33€)
7 earrings: 140:- (13€)
2 necklaces: 50:- (5€)
33 plastic bracelets: 33:- (3€)
Ring: 100:- (9€)
Lip ring: 100:- (9€)
Nose ring: 100:- (9€)
Sweat band: 10:- (0,9€)
Stuff in my bag:
Sony Ericsson cell: 3000:- (279€)
Siemens cell: 1000:- (93€)
Headset: 300:- (28€)
Wallet: 50:- (5€)
Make-up bag: 150:- (14€)
Small bag for random stuff: 100:- (9€)
Hair brush: 40:- (4€)
Pocket mirror: 65:- (6€)
Cigarettes: 40:- (4€)
2 lighters: 25:- (2€)
Lint roller: 20:- (2€)
Nail file: 70:- (6€)
Key chains: 100:- (9€)
Mascara: 100:- (9€)
Eyeshadow: 50:- (5€)
Body glitter: 50:- (5€)
Total: 7383:- (688€)
Like you see not a lot of the things I wear and carry with me are expensive. When you add the cost of every little thing it’s a lot of money though. It would be interesting doing this with all the stuff I own. All my furniture, kitchen supplies, books, clothes, movies, health care products etc. I’m not rich but during my 25 years on this earth I’ve bought and got a lot of stuff. Just my 30 pairs of shoes is worth a pretty penny. Not to mention my 250 books.
I don’t do new years resolutions but here’s a list of things I’ll try to accomplish in 2009. Ok, I guess that’s the same thing as new years resolutions but I don’t promise to do these things. The thing with promising to do things is that you feel like a failure when you don’t succeed with the things you’ve promised yourself to do. So, here are my new years wish to do’s.
1. Move away from Hultsfred.
2. Read at least 30 books of which 10 are classics.
3. Take a trip somewhere. Perhaps Visby or Stockholm and Västerås.
4. Loose weight.
5. Cook a proper meal at least once a week.
Obviously number one is the most important thing on the list. It’s really important that I get the fuck out of this town. This means I’ll have to work even harder trying to find a apartment.
Number two is quite important aswell. I’ve only read eighteen books this year and that’s embarassing. I need to read a lot more and I really need to read more classics. I’ll probably start with “Madame Bovary” by Gustave Flaubert or “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë since I own those books. I really want to read “Catcher In The Rye” by J.D. Salinger and 1984 by George Orwell aswell.
Taking a trip somewhere isn’t important if I move away from Hultsfred because if I do I’ll have a new city to explore. If I don’t I really need a vacation.
Loose weight isn’t extremely important but it would be nice. It’s not like it would be that hard. I just need to change my very weird eating habits which goes something like either eating nothing at all or eating way too unhealthy food. Basicly I’m just lazy when it comes to cooking.
Which leads me to number five; cooking a proper meal at least once a week. By a proper meal I mean something semi-advanced from one of my cooking books. Preferably something I’ve never made before. My cooking skills are extremely poor and my eating habits are terrible so this would be really good for me.
So what do you want to accomplish in 2009?
EDIT: Meet my newest affiliates Darryl, Willian and Gina!
A couple of things that bugs me:
1. Hip hop and RnB videos. What the FUCK is up with all those half naked girls dancing like strippers? I know that sex sells but personally I can’t stand those videos. Espescially not those with a male hip hop star surrounded by ten half naked girls. Because looking like a pimp is cool. Yeah. Very cool.
2. Emo, scene or whatever you want to call it. All the scene kids say that they want to express their personality. Yeah right. How come they all look identical then? It’s a trend, just like any other trend. I understand peoples basic need to belong but the truth is that many of the people belonging to subcultures do it for the looks and not as they claim; the music. Someone who really love a certain kind of music don’t even need the visual attributes of that subculture because for them the music and not the looks is the most imporant thing.
3. Macho men. Seriously, I can’t stand men trying to be all though and macho. I’d never ever fall for a guy like that and I’d never befriend a guy like that either.
4. And speaking of that I hate that “life as it should be” diet coke commercial on tv! I don’t know if it has been shown outside Sweden but if you’re swedish you’ve probably seen it.
5. The FRA law. In Sweden Big Brother sees you. This new law makes it so much easier for the government to spy on anyone, any time. This law is a scandal when it comes to personal integrity and even Google has been protesting it. They won’t even invest in new servers in Sweden because of this law. But the government think we needs the FRA law because of all the major treats against Sweden. Pardon me but WTF? There are no major security treats against Sweden at this time! And when was the last time there was?
Just because I’m bored.
1983: I’m born July 29 in Piteå. I don’t think I had much going on back then besides sleeping, eating and crying.
1984: I guess I crawled around and started to say things like “mamma”.
1985: My parents buy a dog – Puff, who became my dearest friend.
1986: I have no idea whatsoever what I did back in 1986. Played with Puff I suppose.
1987: My first little sister is born.
1988: We move to Kalix, way up in northern Sweden. I still blame my parents for this terrible, terrible decision!
1989: I enter Kindergarten and get to know my first best gal pal.
1990: First grade and the start of the horrors of school. Oh and my second little sister is born.
1991: I play with my little ponies with my best friend. Nirvana are huge and I have no idea.
1992: I run around in colourful tights and big t-shirts á la the early 90′s. Still playing with my little ponies.
1993: I’m so grunge without even knowing what grunge in fact is. I love flannel shirts and blue jeans.
1994: Kurt Cobain dies and I still don’t know who he is. What was wrong with me?! Oh and I really hate school. And my little brother is born.
1995: I still really hate school.
1996: I enter junior high, listen to “Spice girls” and become depressed. Not because I listen to “Spice girls” though. I probably would now but not back then.
1997: Junior high is kind of a blur. I barely remember what I did during those three years. I guess I’ve repressed and blocked it out.
1998: The only fun thing I remember about this year is going to southern Sweden for two weeks in july.
1999: I discover “Nirvana”, graduate from junior high, move to Västerås in southern Sweden, enter high school as a art major and wear too much make-up.
2000: I do what teenagers do. Make out with boys, get drunk and talk a lot on the phone with my best friend.
2001: I get to know loads of new people and my life is very busy. I become politically active, go to live action role playing games, travel and spend countless hours chainsmoking at cafés.
2002: I travel a lot and graduate from high school.
2003: I go to Spain with my best friend which was awesome since it was the first time I traveled outside Scandinavia.
2004: I move to Hultsfred and life is really weird in a new town where I don’t have a single friend.
2005: I play a lot of World of Warcraft, spend every thursday at the pub, dye my hair pink and go to the Hultsfred festival for the first time.
2006: I make friends and party a lot, get a job a at a kennel, move to my first very own apartment and get another cat.
2007: I get yet another cat, hang with friends, visit Västerås, go to Jämtland, hate Hultsfred.
2008: I leave the kennel after one and a half year, think a lot about getting out of this town, turn 25 in three months and work at the Hultsfred festival for the second time.
A couple of things I miss about living in a big city:
1. A large library where I can spend hours looking for new interesting books and then sit in a corner and read them for yet another couple of hours. And If I get hungry there’s always a café in the same building.
2. Shopping! Being able to shop for HOURS going from store to store and when I decide to go home I still haven’t visited even 10% of all stores available.
3. Nice boheamian cafés with old furniture where it’s so dark that candles are lit all times of the day.
4. The fact that there’s always something new to discover. A part of the city never seen, a shop never visited, a beautiful park never walked by.
5. Organizations. Even if I’m not active in one right now it would be nice to know that there actually are some around. I’d like to become involved in Greenpeace for example. And I used to be involved in a political youth party.
6. Those unusual stores you mostly find in large cities and barely ever in a small town like the one I live in. New age stores, chinese stores, punk clothing stores, record stores with obscure bootleg cd:s, political book cafés and second-hand bookshops.
7. And of course the really big stores like IKEA, Elgiganten and ONOFF.
8. Alternative clubs where they play nice music and not only the shit you hear on the radio and see on MTV.
If you could travel back in time where would you go and what would you do?
There are a couple of periods of time I’d like to experience and a couple of things I’d like to see and do.
1. I’d go back to 1991 and see “Nirvana” live. I love “Nirvana” so much and it’s sad that I’ll never experience going to one of their concerts.
2. I’d go back to 1994 and see “Manic Street Preachers” live. Manics are still around and I saw them last summer but I would like to see them while bassist Richey was still around. He went missing in 1995, the year after they released their master piece album “The Holy Bible”.
And while going to concerts in 1991 and 1994 I’d also spend some time just sightseeing the decade of my childhood and early teens. Sometimes I miss the nineties a lot. It was a good decade.
3. I’d go back to the 18:th century just to see the architecture and pretty clothes of that time.
4. The same with the middle ages. I would like to experience that time just because I find it so fascinating.
5. Because I’m a hippie at heart I’d go to San Francisco in the summer of 68 and then to the Woodstock festival.
6. I’d go to the early 60′s to meet my great grandparents of which I’ve only met my fathers grandmother who died in the mid nineties.
7. I’d go to 1996 to see my twelve year old self. I’d show her who she’ll become and give her some advice so she’d become that person a little faster.
8. I’d go to the early eighties in London to see and experience the Batcave scene and the original punk scene.
9. And if I was really brave (which I’m not) maybe I’d kill Hitler and Stalin. I’d call it sacrifices for the good of mankind. Two lives against millions. But of course that would totally change history and perhaps without the mistakes of the past we’d allow the same horrors of that time to happen in this time instead.
10. Oh and I’d do a “Back to the future” thing and get my hands on a book with game results so I could gamble myself rich when I got back to my own time!